I’ve been having fun making pillowcase dresses this past week for the Sew-a-Long  and I still have a few more I’d like to get done.  I’ve let the creative juices flow (or in some cases, copied others’ creativity!) and added embellishments to some of my dresses.

I knew I wanted to add a bit of color to this gray and white dress.  In my stash of buttons, I found a cute pink flower button and decided to make a little flower as an accent. 

 

This dress with the ladybug pocket was made from a tutorial found HERE. 

As I was looking through my stash of buttons, I found these cute flower buttons that I never really knew what to do with.  Initially I was planning on putting them on top of the rick rack, but then as I played around a bit, I thought they looked better as a little garden, with the rick rack as stems.  It took a LONG time to sew on all those buttons, so this dress will be one of a kind!

If you liked this post you may want to Subscribe to Stuff I’ve made by Email or Subscribe in a reader

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: