Posts tagged ‘pillowcase dresses’

More little dresses

Ok, I’m having way too much fun making these pillowcase dresses! I’ve now discovered the joy of making them with fabric (as opposed to from an actual pillowcase). There are so many fun possibilities 🙂 I used the tutorial found HERE, from lbg studio.  All the dresses that I’ve made will be sent to an organization called Dress a Girl Around the World.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

If you liked this post you may want to Subscribe to Stuff I’ve made by Email or Subscribe in a reader

Advertisements

Pillowcase dress embellishments

I’ve been having fun making pillowcase dresses this past week for the Sew-a-Long  and I still have a few more I’d like to get done.  I’ve let the creative juices flow (or in some cases, copied others’ creativity!) and added embellishments to some of my dresses.

I knew I wanted to add a bit of color to this gray and white dress.  In my stash of buttons, I found a cute pink flower button and decided to make a little flower as an accent. 

 

This dress with the ladybug pocket was made from a tutorial found HERE. 

As I was looking through my stash of buttons, I found these cute flower buttons that I never really knew what to do with.  Initially I was planning on putting them on top of the rick rack, but then as I played around a bit, I thought they looked better as a little garden, with the rick rack as stems.  It took a LONG time to sew on all those buttons, so this dress will be one of a kind!

If you liked this post you may want to Subscribe to Stuff I’ve made by Email or Subscribe in a reader

Pillowcase dress pockets

Today has been a day of pockets.  So far I’ve completed two dresses and still hoping to get one more done by the end of today.  There is a great tutorial for shaped pockets, by Amy from Lots of Pink Here!  The tutorial was so easy to follow and I LOVE the results.  So cute!  So, here’s the pics from today.

Blue flowered pillowcase dress

Red dress with flower pocket

If you liked this post you may want to Subscribe to Stuff I’ve made by Email or Subscribe in a reader

Sewing Day

Today I sewed 2 pillowcase dresses for the Sew-a-Long that I mentioned in my previous blog post.  I’m MUCH happier with the way the second one turned out.  Not sure what was going on with the first, but it just seemed difficult to make.  I was trying to figure things out, as I hadn’t sewn a pillowcase dress in a while.  Now that I’m in the rhythm of things, I’m sure it’ll go much smoother.  I purchased some pillowcases from IKEA which I didn’t realize have neat little pockets inside of them to enclose the pillow in the case.  This, however is not ideal when you want to use it as a dress.  My solution has been to sew a band of ribbon around just below the pocket opening, closing the pocket on the inside. 

Dress #1

Dress #2

If you liked this post you may want to Subscribe to Stuff I’ve made by Email or Subscribe in a reader

Sew-a-long

I’m excited to be participating in this project next week for a great cause!

LBG studio

If you liked this post you may want to Subscribe to Stuff I’ve made by Email or Subscribe in a reader